Monday, April 1, 2013

Closer

I truly have made progress on this. I believe I have at least. This weekend my roommate kind of got a bit snide with me, said some comment that really doesn’t matter. It did get under my skin, but I didn’t let this bother me. I was heading to bed anyway and had to be up early to go see my family. I left our apartment Saturday morning and went about my business. Sunday night I came home, and I really didn’t want to be around anyone so I just went into my room and left him alone.

This morning I get a text from him asking me if I am done pouting. Personally, I really wasn’t mad at him. He has this habit of always saying something to put me down and actually hurts my feelings more often than not. I used to go to my dad’s when ever he did this. I guess in that sense I was running away, but only to a place I felt more welcome. Then he sends this text saying that the only thing I am good at is running away just like my mother.

That was a bit of a low blow. I have gotten over what happened with my mother leaving and have come to terms. I also have gotten over the comment he made to me on Friday. In all honesty, I really was not upset. I wanted to spend Easter with my family. Now, things are rockier than ever here. He has this habit of just ruining things. I don’t even feel comfortable around him anymore. He used to be my best friend, now we are just two strangers living in the same space.

I don’t think I was running. I am pretty positive that I am facing my own demons. I just wish the one person I care about the most would actually notice this, instead of pushing me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment